What is this?
- CleanFare is a simple app with a simple goal:
- To decrease the number of personal vehicles on Utah's roads.
How does it work?
- CleanFare uses two key strategies to encourage use of alternative transportation.
- The first strategy is social competition:
- Link directly to social media to post every time you use alternative transportation.
- The second strategy is gamification:
- You earn miles as you use alternative transportation.
- These miles can be used to unlock achievements and discounts to local businesses.
What does the user need to do?
- All you have to do is turn on CleanFare whenever you use alternative transportation.
- If you are use public transit, you'll need to enter your stop ID so we can verify your location.
- The app approximates your location using GPS and stores how far you've traveled.
- CleanFare requires access to your location data and your social media accounts if you want to share your trips.
- CleanFare is currently in beta testing for android devices.
- If you would like to become a tester, follow this link!